[ubuntu-studio-devel] Candace

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Apr 2 15:32:40 UTC 2018

Here we go:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/

Upgrading from one to another release, should still allow you to
continue using Ubuntu Studio without major inconveniences. If newcomers
would be allowed to overturn basal preconditions, completely ignoring
backwards compatibility with old stored sessions, than there's no
future at all for Ubuntu Studio. An idea based upon euphoria, without
any background at all, is the most worse you could contribute.

Note, I'm an Arch user, but I help less experienced Linux users a lot.
Arch is not a user friendly distro, while Ubuntu flavours are more or
less user-friendly. Both approaches have got pros and cons. While I use
Arch Linux much more than Ubuntu flavours, I'm much more involved in
helping Linux novices by contributing to Ubuntu flavour mailing lists.

Reconsider your point of view. Progress is very important, but the
progress must come with a balance to backwards compatibility. If not,
there's no flow at all, it just would be an endless restart from ground
zero.