[ubuntu-studio-devel] Audio plugins

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue May 3 18:41:56 UTC 2016

I am not sure what we can do with this... but:

The audio plugins we have are kind of hard to navigate. There are a number
of collections, but there is really nothing that just has the esential
plugins for recording for example. Calf tries to do this, but is well
known for not being the best. (everything is straight math with no thought
for how actual analog circuitry works) The one thing Calf does have is a
Fluid plugin. (I just wish the default directory pointed somewhere where
soundfonts exist)

A basic LV2 plugins package with gate/compressor/limiter/EQ/reverb (think
mixer input strip) would be nice. A package that is just intruments too,
though there are fewer to begin with, would be nice.

I am not really sure how we could do anything about that... just
complaining I guess.

www.ovenwerks.net