[ubuntu-studio-devel] ART TEAM ALERT! 16.04 Wallpaper Contest has been decided.

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Sat Feb 20 17:36:56 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, at 06:28 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On 02/16/2016 01:49 PM, C. F. Howlett wrote:
> > ART TEAM NOTE: Hotwheel, by Lui Li Hua was in the top 3 throughout this
> > election cycle and was #1 in the final tally.  Absent objections or
> > suggestions, I assign Hotwheel as the default wallpaper for the 16.04
> > release.  As we are trying to beat feature freeze, please advise post
> > haste if this is unacceptable.
> >
> > I will send out public notice of these results on 02/18/16.
>
> Up until this point, I had been working on packaging the highest 16
> voters with CF Howlett. I have pushed that work to launchpad:
> $ bzr branch lp:ubuntustudio-look
>
> This was mainly to work out how it worked (and practise for me).
>
> But at some point, I will remove Hotwheel due to the questions about
> it's source, and Kaj's creations that he would rather not include.

Well, I only didn't want to use it as a default wallpaper. So, I'm still
for keeping it. There is not evidence that there would be something not
right with it. I just felt that I didn't want to use it as basis for a
default wallpaper, is all.

> We of course need to add the new themed one (that will be the default)
> when it is ready.
>
> Should we ship the remainder? Or is it better to create a separate
> competition wallpaper package that can be "suggested" when
> ubuntustudio-wallpapers is installed?

That sounds good to me. ubuntustudio-wallpapers-extra, or something like
that?