[ubuntu-studio-devel] ART TEAM ALERT! 16.04 Wallpaper Contest has been decided.

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Feb 24 07:32:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, at 06:36 PM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, at 06:28 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > On 02/16/2016 01:49 PM, C. F. Howlett wrote:
> > > ART TEAM NOTE: Hotwheel, by Lui Li Hua was in the top 3 throughout this
> > > election cycle and was #1 in the final tally.  Absent objections or
> > > suggestions, I assign Hotwheel as the default wallpaper for the 16.04
> > > release.  As we are trying to beat feature freeze, please advise post
> > > haste if this is unacceptable.
> > >
> > > I will send out public notice of these results on 02/18/16.
> >
> > Up until this point, I had been working on packaging the highest 16
> > voters with CF Howlett. I have pushed that work to launchpad:
> > $ bzr branch lp:ubuntustudio-look
> >
> > This was mainly to work out how it worked (and practise for me).
> >
> > But at some point, I will remove Hotwheel due to the questions about
> > it's source, and Kaj's creations that he would rather not include.
> >

> Well, I only didn't want to use it as a default wallpaper. So, I'm still
> for keeping it. There is not evidence that there would be something not
> right with it. I just felt that I didn't want to use it as basis for a
> default wallpaper, is all.

I just had a look at the package (ubuntustudio-look) you have prepared,
Ross. Thanks for fixing the links too.

I think I was confused about which of my wallpapers were in the
competition, and looking at the two that are included in the package, I
have no problem with those, so I guess the selection is set and the
package ready for upload. So, I'll get that done today.