[ubuntu-studio-devel] ART TEAM ALERT! 16.04 Wallpaper Contest has been decided.

Ross Gammon retail at the-gammons.net
Sat Feb 20 17:28:33 UTC 2016

Hi All,

On 02/16/2016 01:49 PM, C. F. Howlett wrote:
> ART TEAM NOTE: Hotwheel, by Lui Li Hua was in the top 3 throughout this
> election cycle and was #1 in the final tally.  Absent objections or
> suggestions, I assign Hotwheel as the default wallpaper for the 16.04
> release.  As we are trying to beat feature freeze, please advise post
> haste if this is unacceptable.
>
> I will send out public notice of these results on 02/18/16.

Up until this point, I had been working on packaging the highest 16
voters with CF Howlett. I have pushed that work to launchpad:
$ bzr branch lp:ubuntustudio-look

This was mainly to work out how it worked (and practise for me).

But at some point, I will remove Hotwheel due to the questions about
it's source, and Kaj's creations that he would rather not include.

We of course need to add the new themed one (that will be the default)
when it is ready.

Should we ship the remainder? Or is it better to create a separate
competition wallpaper package that can be "suggested" when
ubuntustudio-wallpapers is installed?

Cheers,

Ross