[ubuntu-studio-devel] Fwd: Re: Package Selection for Yakketi Yak

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Tue Apr 26 18:27:51 UTC 2016

Seems like I only replied to Luke below and not to the list.

Also I have now spent some, not so successful, time with pitivi. I think the video for 1.0 looks very good but the current version 0.95 is not no way near being ready or a competitor to kdenlive.

I tried my usual workflow by adding three videos and one audio track to make a music video. Just adding more channels / layers than fitted in the window turned out to be quite hard. Then I noticed undo didn't work. It turns out the undo/redo is turned off for 0.95.
There is no way to mute audio in video files. The solution suggested is to separate the audio and video and then delete the audio. That is a no go for syncing music playing in the video with the actual mixed audio file. You need both to be able to sync correctly and mute is then essential. So, I didn't explore further with actually syncing the videos or do transitions as if these basic features are not possible there is no way to use it for anything that needs to sync videos with an external audio.

/Jimmy