[ubuntu-studio-devel] Nautilus always resets itself to icon-view upon, closing

Wachín wachin.id at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:00:37 UTC 2016

to work with list- or detail-view in nautilus so you need to install:

sudo apt-get install dconf-editor

launch it from terminal, or with the launcher Alt+F2, with:

dconf-editor

Go to:

org/gnome/nautilus/preferences/default-folder-viewer

see:

http://storage7.static.itmages.com/i/16/0421/h_1461249276_7582161_e59392d954.png

double clic in "default-folder-viewer" and chose that you want, example
list_view:

http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/16/0421/h_1461249538_8654939_4b9c8192b5.png

it is important that you recorded in your memory the name of that
package "dconf-editor" for you easy use in next times

Oh, I said you a new. In the repositories of 15.10 there is a package
called dolphin4, this software I use to my main file manager, this is
the same that dolphin but working the search option. I know is necessary
to install dome services, but is very fantanstic. If you try to use it,
I made some tutorials for the most necessary config:

Extraer aquí - Comprimir (File-Roller) para dolphin
http://facilitarelsoftwarelibre.blogspot.com/2014/11/extraer-aqui-comprimir-file-roller-para.html

Añadir enqueue (a la cola de reproducción) al menu contextual del
administrador de archivos dolphin
http://facilitarelsoftwarelibre.blogspot.com/2016/02/anadir-enqueue-al-menu-contextual-del.html

other importantly:

kubuntu - Enabling PDF preview in Dolphin - Ask Ubuntu
http://askubuntu.com/questions/86338/enabling-pdf-preview-in-dolphin
from this I install:  kdegraphics-thumbnailers

See also:
Preview video files with Dolphin file manager
inside the:
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu_Saucy_File_Managers
from this I install:   mplayerthumbs

Sorry my english I am spanish parlant