[ubuntu-studio-devel] 16.04 Release Candidate Testing - for release Thursday 21st

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Thu Apr 21 12:40:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016, at 02:30 PM, Thomas Pfundt wrote:
> Hi Len,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> > Thankyou for testing in other languages. I have not noticed this on my system, but that is because I can only read english.
>
> Well, as far as languages go, I could only test Italian and maybe French
> in terms of spelling, but I guess it would just generally be safe to
> make sure that the texts fit the content boxes even if they become a
> little longer than the English version. It's a bit unfortunate that you
> have to fully start an installation in order to check this
<snip>

You could get the source code, and try different languages there
directly.
You need bazaar and zenity, so first:

sudo apt-get install bzr zenity

Then, get the source code and try the slideshow in Italian:

bzr branch lp:ubuqity-slideshow-ubuntu
cd ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu
./test-slideshow.sh ubuntustudio it