[ubuntu-studio-devel] Our Set of Freedesktop Categories, WAS:Re: Feature Definition Discussion: Multimedia Application Categorization

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:17:26 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-22 16:16, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> I had a go at updating this page to what seems appropriate right now
> - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/FreedesktopCategories
> It's all straight from the Freedesktop standard, except for a few
> additions/changes.

Good job!!

> ## X-Typography
>
> Not put there by me, and since I don't know graphics very well I leave
> it to Set to figure this one out :).

Gladly, :) but i'm unsure what you want me to figure out? The programs
that suit in there? A definition? A description? Maybe i've missed
something?

On 2015-06-22 16:56, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> Also, I remember we were talking about Utility applications, but for
> Audio or Video, or even Graphics.

Maybe that is a good place for image viewers and fontmanagement
software? I'd have to mind-dribble it a bit. But for the time being, my
impression is that it would superfluous with a X-GraphicsUtility category.

--
Set Hallstrom