[ubuntu-studio-devel] Publishing Category

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 20 13:20:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, C. F. Howlett wrote:

> Are we losing the Publishing category in 16.04?  In 14.04, this includes Font
> Forge, Font Manager, Lyx, and Scribus.  Seems a shame to lose it ...

We still have the meta and the applications. However, it became apparent
that the term publishing is not clear. In fact a number of people thought
it applied to things like applications to print a CD/DVD rather than
generating written works.

Also, we are looking at trying to use "proper Catagoization" so the menu
just works when adding new SW.

The input from someone who uses these tools on a regular basis would be
wonderful.

www.ovenwerks.net