[ubuntu-studio-devel] Publishing Category

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 20 21:18:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, C. F. Howlett wrote:

> Are we losing the Publishing category in 16.04?  In 14.04, this includes Font
> Forge, Font Manager, Lyx, and Scribus.  Seems a shame to lose it ...

All of those things are still there. Scribus may not be in the menu due to
not having a desktop file anymore... we can fix that as a bug. We have
added desktop files to -settings for other things before where the SW
author is not willing to do so and debian will not for one reason or
another.

I do not think Lyx has been in the meta, but rather available through the
extra installer.

The installer needs to be updated and redone. Using the code from ubiquity
would make sense.

www.ovenwerks.net