[ubuntu-studio-devel] Publishing Category

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 20 20:57:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Kaj Ailomaa <zequence at mousike.me> wrote:
>       On Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 02:14 PM, C. F. Howlett wrote:
>       > Are we losing the Publishing category in 16.04?  In 14.04, this
>       includes
>       > Font Forge, Font Manager, Lyx, and Scribus.  Seems a shame to lose
>       it ...
>       >

>       We have just been redesigning the category tree, so to speak.
>       Publishing
>       stays, but it is a subcategory to either graphics or office in the
>       menu.
>       And, the menu is under construction, so nothing is permanently
>       defined
>       yet.
>
>       Our metas will be untouched for the next release, but will probably
>       change somewhat for the release of ...
>

> Sorry, I see what Howlett means now. I just installed 15.10 and the Publishing
> category is not there. Photography is a sub-category to Graphic Design.

After all the other changes we made to the menu, there ended up being one
publishing package only. All of the others had been added to graphics as
agreed by those making suggestions. I did the work of changing the menus
and I am willing to make changes. But there was agreement to move these
packages out of publishing to graphics. I think scribus was the only thing
left. Lyx has been considered outdated... I like it but do not do enough
of that kind of work to really know (Len is using Alpine to write this
message).

www.ovenwerks.net