[ubuntu-studio-devel] First Call for Contributors for the 14.10 cycle of development

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue May 20 11:02:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014, at 09:05 PM, Nico We wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been a Ubuntu studio user for arround five years. I have been
> following the list without sending a message for a moment and I'd like to
> get involved and help a bit.
> I don't know much about coding (although I'm interested in learning more)
> so I think it would have to be for more general stuff... My first
> language is french, maybe there is some translating work?
>
> Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas.

You are most welcome to join us. The best way to begin is probably
testing, as that will introduce you to some of the administrative parts
of developing Ubuntu Studio. Further, it will allow you to learn how to
report bugs, how to administer them, and how they are fixed.

As for translations, doing this for applications and the Desktop
Environment itself is done for all Ubuntu, so if you are interested in
that, please have a look at places such as
http://community.ubuntu.com/contribute/translations/.
However, ff you are interested in translating our website, we will need
to configure it to enable multiple languages first. I could set this up.

We have long been planning to have a simple user guide for Ubuntu Studio
at our website, and if we do, it would be nice to have it in several
languages. Sadly, we don't have anything to translate right now.