[ubuntu-studio-devel] First Call for Contributors for the 14.10 cycle of development

Ross Gammon rossgammon68 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 10:59:53 UTC 2014

On 05/08/2014 12:20 PM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> So, who would like to participate in developing Ubuntu Studio 14.10
> Utopic Unicorn?
>
> You don't need to know how to code. All you need is the will to do
> something - and just to remind everyone, all Ubuntu Studio developers
> are volunteers.
>
> If you're interested, just answer to this mail and present yourself (if
> we don't already know you), and let us know a little about what you
> would be interested in helping out with, if you have any interesting
> skills, etc.
>
> Planning is about to begin (I'm currently preparing a structure for it).
> At the same time, I'd like to see who is willing to do what, and start
> coupling up people with real tasks.
>
> /Kaj Ailomaa - Ubuntu Studio project lead

Hi Kaj,

I introduced myself to the list only a few months before the Trusty Release.

I am currently maintaining a package for Debian, and will eventually
work towards becoming a Debian Maintainer once I have more experience. I
am also happy to do packaging work for Ubuntu. Of course any of this
sort of work requires a sponsor. Hopefully, I can also help liaise with
the Debian Multimedia team (I monitor their lists and upload the
occasional patch).

I am typing this on a standard Ubuntu 14.04 installation, and I have
Ubuntu Studio 14.04 installed on my "music" machine. I am happy to help
with bug triage & testing patches, but I don't have a lot of hardware to
test with, so at the moment it is really only the software side of
things I can work with.

Unfortunately, my time for this is very constrained. Short tasks, or
longer ones that I can chip away at (bit by bit) are the best.

Regards,

Ross