[ubuntu-studio-devel] First Call for Contributors for the 14.10 cycle of development

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue May 20 11:06:19 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014, at 12:33 PM, helios martinez dominguez wrote:
> Hi, i'm Helios Martinez, i came into Ubuntu development mailing list
> quite
> recently. I consider myself a BASIC programmer (VBasic, FreeBasic,
> RealBasic, etc.) since the early times of atari-basic. I've extensively
> tested every operating system i use through out ms-dos, mac os/2, win16,
> redhat 5, win32, mac os 9, os x and now Ubuntu Studio, which i encouraged
> myself to devote to and create everything on free software so it
> evidences
> is achievable and viable nowadays. I'm also musician and designer and can
> translate from and to english and spanish languages. I'm willing to
> participate quite deeper into Ubuntu Studio 14.10 Utopic Unicorn
> development.             -- Helios.

For you, Helios, I would also encourage you to help us with testing, as
it is a great way to learn more about the development process.

And, for translations, as I mentioned to Nicolas - translating
applications is done for all of Ubuntu. I do not know much about this,
since I've never done it myself. But, you could look up places like
http://community.ubuntu.com/contribute/translations/.

And, if you would like to help translate our website, I can make sure it
will be possible. Documentation, as already mentioned, does not really
exist at the moment. I will be writing about that later during the week
though.