[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Spec discussion: ubuntustudio-desktop

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Sun May 18 14:59:01 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM, bart deruyter <bart.deruyter at gmail.com>wrote:

> OK, I can fix it in terminal, but I'm a user, not an administrator and
> with the release cycle of six months, digging into manuals and tutorials to
> fix my wacom each 6 months (yes, I forget it after six months, because I
> the time on music, digital painting, writing and 3D) is too much effort. I
> want to log in, and start working. The same counts for the configuration of
> my firewire audio device, but luckily once installed those configurations
> stay when upgrading through sudo apt-get (already forgot that command as
> well).

It's good feedback, however I must ask why you feel the need to upgrade
every 6 months? Yes, there is a new release but the nice thing with the LTS
releases is that they are supported longer. I only use LTS for my main
computer for similar reasons, I don't want to dabble with all my custom
settings every new release. Unless there is a version of some application I
really, really want and can not make available in my installed LTS.

/Jimmy