[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 - Default wallpaper proposition RC1

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:26:41 UTC 2013

USC strikes me as a replacement for GNOME app-install, it and Synaptic
do two different jobs.  I agree with keeping both USC or one of its competitors
plus Synaptic in default installations.

For an end user, Synaptic would be pretty opaque.
For a hacker needing fine-grained control, USC becomes of little use. I
 remove it to simplify my systems and remove unused support for
paid apps but would never remove it from something going to someone
not familar with computers in general and Linux in particular.