Status of new DE agnostic menu tests

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jun 11 13:26:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, June 11, 2013 12:13 am, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, at 08:34 AM, Len Ovens wrote:

>> the gnomeshell menus is they merge incorrectly. That is what moving the
>> merge line in the menu is for. (I left it down below so you can look for
>> it) this is a fairly common error in default menu config files.
>
> Just want to point out that Luke is talking about a gnome extensions
> here, so not a standard Gnome menu. I'm guessing this one
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/13/applications-menu/.
> There are a few options when it comes to Gnome menus, but the most
> relevant I guess, if wanting to file bugs, especially upstream, would be
> the "classic mode", or "fallback mode" menu.

There is some of that. Some menus are not meant to follow the opendesktop
standard and only use the desktop files and ignore config files. KDE has
some like that and of course unity and gnome shell do as well. It is only
a bug when the menu uses an /etc/xdg/*/menus/config file that claims to do
merges. Then the merges should be done correctly. There are at least 5
(just that I know of) other projects that rely on proper merging, it is
not just our menus.

www.OvenWerks.net