Status of new DE agnostic menu tests

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 11 07:13:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, at 08:34 AM, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Mon, June 10, 2013 8:23 pm, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
> > I've now tested the new menu package with cairo-dock and with
> > the Frippery menus in gnome-shell 3.6. In both cases, the US
> > menus were mixed alphabetically with the others, which was
> > NOT the case in Cinnamon.
>
> Hmm, got this message but not the last one below. I am guessing my server
> is just too slow. I did get  a faster computer today and will try it
> tomorrow. Anyway, glad to hear at least something works. The problem with
> the gnomeshell menus is they merge incorrectly. That is what moving the
> merge line in the menu is for. (I left it down below so you can look for
> it) this is a fairly common error in default menu config files.

Just want to point out that Luke is talking about a gnome extensions
here, so not a standard Gnome menu. I'm guessing this one
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/13/applications-menu/.
There are a few options when it comes to Gnome menus, but the most
relevant I guess, if wanting to file bugs, especially upstream, would be
the "classic mode", or "fallback mode" menu.