Graphics apps

Сергей Давыдов shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:28:05 UTC 2012

Krita got really weird recently. GIMP with GIMP Paint Studio is much better
for post-processing MyPaint drawings, that's what was used e.g. for Sintel
production. In addition, Krita pulls an unholy mess of KDE libs, including
KOffice libraries.

GIMP Paint Studio was updated for GIMP 2.8 and it should be much easier to
package now (no more complicated postinst hacks for sneaking in tool
presets, w00t!). I can do the packaging if needed (well, I'm too lazy to do
it just for the hell of it, but I can do that for the sake of shipping it
in a distro by default). I have no idea about submission processes to
Debian or Ubuntu repos, though.

--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff