Graphics apps

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Jul 21 21:15:35 UTC 2012

On Sat, July 21, 2012 10:28 am, óÅÒÇÅÊ äÁ×ÙÄÏ× wrote:
> Krita got really weird recently. GIMP with GIMP Paint Studio is much
> better
> for post-processing MyPaint drawings, that's what was used e.g. for Sintel
> production.

I'll take your word for it... I am graphics blind. I would have thought
that after the paint program, gimp was enough. Or that if a second paint
program was needed then is Mypaint good enough? I'm talking like an
accountant and as such should mostly be ignored.

> In addition, Krita pulls an unholy mess of KDE libs, including
> KOffice libraries.

That was my first comment... The user was quick to agree :-)  I didn't
realize it pulled in koffice stuff too, but I guess kde tries to integrate
everything so any doc can be used in any other (sigh, is it a feature or a
pita)

> GIMP Paint Studio was updated for GIMP 2.8 and it should be much easier to
> package now (no more complicated postinst hacks for sneaking in tool
> presets, w00t!). I can do the packaging if needed (well, I'm too lazy to
> do
> it just for the hell of it, but I can do that for the sake of shipping it
> in a distro by default). I have no idea about submission processes to
> Debian or Ubuntu repos, though.

If it makes it to Debian we just request sync pretty much... However that
is not a decision I can make. I would guess 13.04 for an eta as people
seem to have more time in the winter months.

www.OvenWerks.net