Jan 19 US ISO

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:48:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Fri, January 20, 2012 5:11 am, Scott Lavender wrote:
>
>>>  - Nautilus and thunar do funny things ;-)
>> can you give more explanation about "funny things"?
>>
>>>   - icon to get a file manager gets set to nautilus ok
>>>   - nautilus access sftp ok
>>>   - but the desktop stuff still opens thunar
>> can you explain what you are doing specifically to open thunar in this
>> manner?
>
> Double clicking on the desktop icons (home, diskdrives, etc) opens thunar
> and of course thunar appears in the main menu in a few places but nautilus
> doesn't. I think it is because thunar is placing the icons on the
> desktop.... A part that hasn't been switched over yet. This should be
> changed as it means both thunar and nautilus run all the time as soon as
> nautilus is run once. More stuff in memory and maybe taking cpu too.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.OvenWerks.net

ack.

i intend to remove thunar, but since it seemed to heavily integrated
within the -default-settings package i wanted to research it more
before doing so.

micahg had the brilliant suggestion to just add nautilus for the time
being and remove thunar later, which is what i did :)

thanks for helping me understand the behavior.

scottl