New seeds

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Thu Jan 19 07:43:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:49:11PM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> Took a look at the need seed files. Looks good.
>
> A few notable miss
>   - cdrdao (this may get pulled in by basero but is important enough to
> get listed outright)

It does:

$ apt-cache show brasero
Depends: libbrasero-media3-1 (= 3.2.0-0ubuntu6) [...]

$ apt-cache rdepends cdrdao
cdrdao
Reverse Depends:
  libbrasero-media3-1 [...]

>   - a2jmidid (I thought this was included, but it looks like it is
> something I unwittingly added with jack-keyboard) This becomes a must as
> there are midi applications that talk only alsa and some only jackd. A2j
> (alsa to jackd bridge) allows them all to work together. Without it
> vkeybd can't control yoshimi, for example. [...]

Ok, good call. I'll add it to the audio seed.

> I assume this is a transition setup. Thunar, gvfs-fuse, gigolo, ristretto,
> etc. will go away?

I don't understand this. Why should they go away? Thunar is the default file
manager in Xubuntu. We're basing our DE on Xubuntu.

If you wanna talk about app selection, please do add an agenda item in one of
the future meetings (the next one is this Sunday, 22nd of January).

> New kernel can't be added till in repos.

What's this about? Scott just uploaded the -low-latency package (kindly provided
by abogani) to REVU, and while it hadn't appeared at the time of writing this
message, there's no reason for it to not make it in time for the release.

> Looks good otherwise. I will try to test it and see if anything is broken.

There will be big changes soon, so keep watching the development. Alpha-2 is
looming, and we want lots of stuff done by that.

Thanks for the update, though! We need to generate some weight on the lists as
well, so people not on IRC get informed too.

--
Jaska (aka astraljava @ irc.freenode.net)