What Ubuntu should I install to help by testing

Ralf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 25 17:07:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 11:36 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:

>         I didn't select the 2D/3D creation and editing suite, but
>         Blender is
>         installed, while I'm missing Gimp ;).
>
>  This is interesting and I will certainly test this during our first
> Oneiric tests.

Blender is included to the video package, but it would be better, if it
would be included to 2D/3D apps. Gimp is included to a graphics package,
which I couldn't chose during installation.

> I understand your concerns about partitioning. I would be willing to
> send you a hard drive to install as a second drive upon which you
> could do test installs as a compromise if you were willing.  I would
> understand if you would not be.

I've got two SATA drives, but those shouldn't be stressed by
partitioning experiments.

Regarding to the noise I only would add a third drive, if I could turn
it off, I don't know if it's provided by the BIOS, I can take a look.
Hdparm or what ever the command is called never worked for me as wanted.

Scott, sending a drive might be to expensive from GMT-5 time zone to
Germany ;). I won't buy one myself at the moment, because I spend my
money to order a RME card.

-- Ralf