Ubuntu Studio 11.10 Oneiric artwork brainstorming/discussion

C K coryisatm at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:28:22 UTC 2011

As noted in the "Artwork FYI" thread I've reached out to Izo
(www.design-by-izo.com and http://tinyurl.com/42t496w) for help on
developing an overarching thematic idea to use for the disrto and
website in time for our 11.10 release.

Things are still early but here goes: (hopefully the formatting
doesn't get screwed)

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Izo <designbyizo at gmail.com> wrote:
>I had a little bit of a brainwave over the weekend, largely influenced by the interface of Tweetbot. Have a look at the app: >http://tapbots.com/software/tweetbot/
>
>Ubuntu Studio uses a very similar colour scheme, so if the GTK theme uses mainly darkish grey with blue highlights, kinda like Atolm but with lighter >blues, that would make sense. Plus, the Faenza icon theme would work lovely with this kind of GTK colour scheme. Furthermore, influenced by the >Tweebot interface, the word "etched" very much entered my consciousness as a possible overarching concept for this releases artwork.
>
>With that in mind, here's a couple of wallpaper examples, so you can see what I mean.
>http://imageshack.us/m/683/6924/ubuntustudiowallpaperdr.jpg

I do dig this look. I'll let others chime in. (and note: this isn't a
wallpaper we're gonna use. it's just an example of the style we're
going for) I'll get those technical requirements I gave Izo up on the
wiki ASAP.

So what this thread is for is to brainstorm on the overall look and
feel for the distro and website. To determine exactly what images will
be needed and formatted. On the distro side, I know it will be the
wallpaper and images for LightDM. (i've yet to look into theming for
it but will very soon) As far as the website goes, that's where Jorge
and Scott will come in the most.

The GTK theme will be a refined version of what we currently have
(colors staying the same) and done by the Shimmer team.

--
-Cory K.