Alessio's PPA Natty - 2.6.37-11.25~ppa1 - OK

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:09:37 UTC 2011

On 01/14/2011 02:57 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 2011-01-11 20:25, ailo wrote:

>>> No. I'm away next few days, I'll check more next week.
>>>
>>> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
>>>

>> Feel free to checkout https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirewireNatty
>>
>> We did some testing on firewire and this is the result of that.
>>

> Thanks for writing up - it's always nice with some updated documentation.
> However, as of Natty, you shouldn't have to be in the audio group to
> access the FW device - that should be handed out to the current logged
> in user by ConsoleKit. You might still have to do that for the RT stuff
> though.
> As for the rt_group_sched, I'm following an lkml thread discussing
> solutions to the problems. Hopefully there will be a fix in 2.6.38-rc1
> when it comes out.
>
> // David

We never really tried to make firewire work when user was not in audio
group. But, when trying to start jackd, while the user was not in the
audio group, jack crashed. We did not try without the rt option on jack,
I think.

I suppose it may be interesting to know how to work with firewire, if
realtime is accessed differently in the future. Do you think this will
be the case?

--
ailo