Alessio's PPA Natty - 2.6.37-11.25~ppa1 - OK

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Jan 14 13:57:26 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-11 20:25, ailo wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 01:13 PM, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
>> 04.01.2011 22:58, ailo kirjoitti:
>>
>>> Asmo, did you have to do any fixes to get firewire working, at all?
>>
>> No. I'm away next few days, I'll check more next week.
>>
>> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
>>

> Feel free to checkout https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirewireNatty
>
> We did some testing on firewire and this is the result of that.

Thanks for writing up - it's always nice with some updated documentation.
However, as of Natty, you shouldn't have to be in the audio group to
access the FW device - that should be handed out to the current logged
in user by ConsoleKit. You might still have to do that for the RT stuff
though.
As for the rt_group_sched, I'm following an lkml thread discussing
solutions to the problems. Hopefully there will be a fix in 2.6.38-rc1
when it comes out.

// David