Closed video drivers for -realtime kernels

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 02:43:26 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alessio,
>
> I am a little confused.  Two days ago you sent an email with a subject
> line of:  Maverick -lowlatency and -realtime kernel dropped

> Timothy Cook, MSc
> Project Lead - Multi-Level Healthcare Information Modeling
> http://www.mlhim.org

 Tim,

This is because Maverick is released and development terminated.  Only a
-generic kernel is available in the official repositories for Maverick.

I am presuming that the -rt kernel is available in Alessio's PPA.

And of course, the goal for Natty is to compliment the -generic kernel with
a -lowlatency kernel in the official repository.  And support from us will
determine if Alessio can provide a -rt kernel as well.

ScottL