Closed video drivers for -realtime kernels

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:55:48 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Scott Lavender <scottalavender at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi Alessio,
>>
>> I am a little confused.  Two days ago you sent an email with a subject
>> line of:  Maverick -lowlatency and -realtime kernel dropped
>>

>> --
>>
>> ***************************************************************
>> Timothy Cook, MSc
>> Project Lead - Multi-Level Healthcare Information Modeling
>> http://www.mlhim.org
>>

>  Tim,
>
> This is because Maverick is released and development terminated.  Only a
> -generic kernel is available in the official repositories for Maverick.
>
> I am presuming that the -rt kernel is available in Alessio's PPA.
>
> And of course, the goal for Natty is to compliment the -generic kernel with
> a -lowlatency kernel in the official repository.  And support from us will
> determine if Alessio can provide a -rt kernel as well.
>
> ScottL

I do not believe this is correct. There is no -rt or -realtime kernel
available for Maverick in the official repos or in Alessio's PPA (there may
be some in another PPA, or course).

They are available for Lucid, and it appears that -realtime and -lowlatency
will be available for Natty, since people are actively working on those.

Tim, these tests that we are running are for either Lucid or Natty.  None
are currently for Maverick.  This is where the confusion lays.

--
-Brian David