Ubuntu Studio artwork proposal

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 01:44:31 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM, C K <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to stay away from putting my 2 cents so things can
> just develop. I gotta say a little bit now. ;)
>
> I can most likely get the letters to make our logo text from the guys
> @ Canonical. The font is still under development. *If* it is decided
> that the new font is used for our text as well, I believe our COF will
> need a more angular revamp to fit this new type style.
>
> The effort around the "Made with Ubuntu" idea is cool, but I wanna say
> it would be nice to see someone step up and revamp the studio art.
>

> --
> -Cory K.

Here's a another one, with reflections, since people seem to like those:

http://www.sunmachine.coop/ubuntu/made_with_ubuntu_studio_reflect.png

Good to hear from you again, Cory.

I would love to revamp the studio artwork.  Do you have any links to some
documentation on creating a theme, particularly with Plymouth?  I can Google
it, and probably will, but it might save me some time if you point me in the
right direction.

It would be awesome to get a hold of the current Lucid font, because I think
it looks good.  I'd disagree with changing the COF to fit the font, though.
I'm fond of the Ubuntu Studio COF.  Of course, if people prefer that it'd be
changed, then so be it.

I'm new to this type of thing, so how would be the best way to go about it?
Should I start by submitting some sketches/mock-ups and see if the community
approves?

--
-Brian David