Ubuntu Studio artwork proposal

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 02:45:00 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Brian David <beejunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a another one, with reflections, since people seem to like those:
>
> http://www.sunmachine.coop/ubuntu/made_with_ubuntu_studio_reflect.png
>
> Good to hear from you again, Cory.
>
> I would love to revamp the studio artwork.  Do you have any links to some
> documentation on creating a theme, particularly with Plymouth?  I can Google
> it, and probably will, but it might save me some time if you point me in the
> right direction.

Here's a link to what I used to create the current Ubuntu Studio Plymouth
theme - http://brej.org/blog/?p=158

And it would be awesome to get someone working on some new artwork for
Ubuntu Studio.  All of it probably needs some love, including wallpaper, GDM
screen and desktop theme.

It would be awesome to get a hold of the current Lucid font, because I think
> it looks good.  I'd disagree with changing the COF to fit the font, though.
> I'm fond of the Ubuntu Studio COF.  Of course, if people prefer that it'd be
> changed, then so be it.

I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of the new font myself and
furthermore, I feel that Ubuntu Studio should walk a different path than
vanilla Ubuntu.

I'm new to this type of thing, so how would be the best way to go about it?
> Should I start by submitting some sketches/mock-ups and see if the community
> approves?

Sketches and mock-ups would be fantastic.  Getting community feedback can be
extremely helpful but community "approval" is neither a probability nor a
necessity.

ScottL