[Bug 1786397] [NEW] 2ping crashes on non-encrypted session
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1786397 at bugs.launchpad.net
Fri Aug 10 20:20:44 UTC 2018
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Ubuntu Foundations Team Bug Bot (crichton):
* When 2ping is being run as a non-encrypted session between two
affected 4.1 releases, within a few minutes the client and/or server
will crash with "TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable" in
* Clients cannot sustain a 2ping session for more than a few minutes.
* When configured as a daemon without respawn, this results in a denial
of service. (Not default in bionic.)
* SRU fix adds a type check for the encrypted_sessions peer table,
which is not initialized if no encrypted packets have been received.
* Fixed in commit 4a636763850bcea590fba6066751d13a36c2b28d
and included in upstream version 4.1.2.
* In one windows, run `2ping --listen`
* In another, run `2ping 127.0.0.1`
* Wait up to 5 minutes for TypeError.
* SRU might not fix issue.
* SRU fix might break scheduled cleanup of sessions when encryption
*is* activated, leading to resource exhaustion.
* SRU fix might break scheduled cleanup of other data unrelated to
* Patch author has tested these scenarios and cannot reproduce any of
* Originally reported by Github user joe1981alAPR (https://github.com/rfinnie/2ping/issues/5).
** Affects: 2ping (Ubuntu)
Assignee: Ryan Finnie (fo0bar)
Status: In Progress
** Tags: bionic patch
2ping crashes on non-encrypted session
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Sponsors Team, which is subscribed to the bug report.
More information about the Ubuntu-sponsors