"Ubuntu Customization Kit" for GoogleSoC

Jorge Pintado j.pintado89 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:25:49 BST 2010

Hello.

I'm a student from the King Juan Carlos University of Madrid, Spain.

I wrote earlier in the Ubuntu wiki one idea that I think may be of interest:
a graphical interface to customize Ubuntu live CDs.

The purpose is that the user can modify the official image of Ubuntu to suit
your needs (install software, add files, change the appearance: splash,
screensaver, wallpaper ...) without needing to know the commands and
techniques necessary for the job .

I believe this project helps enormously to the philosophy of free software,
as it promotes the distribution of modified software to user needs. Also, I
think the purpose of the Live CD is just the help spread the OS to any user,
and you can try without installing anything on your hard disk.

Greetings,
Jorge Pintado de Santiago.