Clipboard Improvements Idea

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 5 23:37:40 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 15:54 -0400, Sarah Strong wrote:
> I agree that gracefully passing around a variety of formats is
> important. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem, though, and I'm not
> totally sure it fits in the purview of this project. I'm hoping to
> come out of this summer's work with a much better ability to tackle
> bugs in a wide variety of open source apps, so this could be my next
> project to tackle.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yeah, I guess I've experienced more problems.  I think the last was
cut-and-pasting into a terminal -- which isn't a standard use case.
Perhaps I'm just and old timer ;)

The only thing I'd say then, is that I think it'd be nice to add as part
of the evaluation phase of the project -- just to know where we stand.
I think in 2010 cut-and-paste should "just work." :)

		--Ted