Clipboard Improvements Idea

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 5 20:31:08 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 15:23 -0400, Sarah Strong wrote:
> What do you mean by supporting those formats? Most of the apps I
> listed are text only - if I copy a png and try to paste it into a text
> field, what should happen? Do you have a bug report describing the
> kind of behaviour you want fixed?

While I'd be really cool to render it into ASCII art, I was only
thinking of something like PNG for graphical applications.  For instance
if you cut and paste from a webpage into an Evolution e-mail, that
should work.  Or from GIMP to a mail.  Probably dropping PNG for an SoC
project would be reasonable though, it likely expands the problem
significantly.

		--Ted