[Ubuntu-SG] Welcome to Ubuntu-SG

Kerwin Khu kerwin.khu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 16:53:30 UTC 2006

Hi Billy,

You're a brave man - I wouldn't have the guts to be organizing/leading
this kind of thing 8-)

I think having some kind of web page would be good. It may not get
updated very often, but at least it would be a starting point for
anyone searching for "Ubuntu in Singapore" context. Some suggestions
on initial material - I recall Mark Shuttleworth was in SG earlier
this year. Is there an article floating around? LUGS archive should
have something. Another possible article could be one on eSys, which
is supposedly selling machines with Ubuntu pre-installed. Perhaps
their Ubuntu people would be interested in this list? It will be like
community tech support for them.

One more suggestion, but this may be out of line... Any thoughts of
temporarily merging with one of our larger neighbors, say Ubuntu
Malaysia? At least until the SG group grows to critical mass. But as I
said perhaps this suggestion is out of line.

Anyway, glad that the group has started...

Regards,
Kerwin