proposed migration duty - special php edition - v2

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Thu Mar 5 06:26:39 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 6:01 AM Bryce Harrington <
bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 04:45:12PM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> > Synced again with Bryce and Rbasak on the php-trasks-of-the-day to help.
> > The following summarizes the work one and the state we left it so Bryce
> can
> > continue on it.
>
> Today I did zeroc-ice and uwsgi-plugin-php, which should hopefully get
> the transition tracker down to one package:
>

> https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/html/html/html/php7.4.html
>
> The last package, php-mailparse, is the one with the weird .orig.orig
> situation.  Guessing there's a way to workaround that, just have to
> figure out what that might be.
>
> > I've got quite some stuff done, but the very busy autopkgtest queue
> stalls
> > further progress right now
> >
> > ---
> >
> > #1 PHPUnit test issues in proposed migration
> > - Upload phpunit and dependent fixes as identified by rbasak and me
> >   - Rbasak uploaded
> >     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phpunit/8.5.2-1ubuntu1
> >   - Then later (Depending on the former) I uploaded
> >     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-net-ldap2/2.2.0-3ubuntu3
> >
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-http-request2/2.3.0-1ubuntu2
> >   - Depends on php-codecoverage and phpunit-global-state which after the
> >     efforts yesterday are both good to go (test-wise).
> >   - The next step would be triggering test cases with the right
> components
> > together.
> >     Actually for a first shot let's use all-proposed=1 on those.
> >     But for now the tests are still running, need to wait for the results
> > first and then trigger those failing.
> >
> > TODO wait for tests to complete the first time, then trigger the failing
> > ones wirth all-proposed (or global-state + php7.4 + phpunit + ..?)
>
> The failing ones are:

Recheck - Still failing:

  composer
  doctrine
  pdepend
  php-codecoverage

Tests didn't run yet:

  php-masterminds-html5
  php-mikey179-vfsstream
  php-sabredav
  php-tijsverkoyen-css-to-inline-styles
  phpunit-comparator
  phpunit-global-state

=> Those need to be looked after, if there is a break in Fra I'll do so and
let you know what I find.

Failing in old, but working in the new version that I uploaded yesterday:

  php-httprequest2
  php-net-ldap2

I've done these triggers, will recheck those later as well.

> I've just now retriggered these with:
>
>     dependencies=(
>         ["phpunit"]="8.5.2-1ubuntu1",
>         ["php7.4"]="7.4.3-4build2"
>     )
>

> > ---
> >
> > #Info
> > - For bonus confusion there also is a rebuild of php7.3 ongoing at the
> > moment. Also php7.4 was rebuilt (due to the ICU transition)
> >   => https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php7.3/7.3.15-3build1
> >   => https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php7.4/7.4.3-4build2
> >   So test lists will be testing 7.4/7.3 stay sharp which one you actually
> > look at.
> >   @Bryce the intention is to remove 7.4 before Focal releases right?
>
> If by 7.4 you mean 7.3, then yes that's the plan.  :-)
>
> It looks like php7.4 is in main now, so I think once php-mailparse is
> squared away I could file for the php7.2 removal.

If by 7.2 you mean 7.3 then that sounds good :-)
Sorry couldn't resist :-P

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server