proposed migration duty - special php edition - v2

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Mar 5 05:01:01 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 04:45:12PM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Synced again with Bryce and Rbasak on the php-trasks-of-the-day to help.
> The following summarizes the work one and the state we left it so Bryce can
> continue on it.

Today I did zeroc-ice and uwsgi-plugin-php, which should hopefully get
the transition tracker down to one package:

  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/html/html/html/php7.4.html

The last package, php-mailparse, is the one with the weird .orig.orig
situation.  Guessing there's a way to workaround that, just have to
figure out what that might be.

> I've got quite some stuff done, but the very busy autopkgtest queue stalls
> further progress right now
>
> ---
>
> #1 PHPUnit test issues in proposed migration
> - Upload phpunit and dependent fixes as identified by rbasak and me
>   - Rbasak uploaded
>     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phpunit/8.5.2-1ubuntu1
>   - Then later (Depending on the former) I uploaded
>     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-net-ldap2/2.2.0-3ubuntu3
>     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-http-request2/2.3.0-1ubuntu2
>   - Depends on php-codecoverage and phpunit-global-state which after the
>     efforts yesterday are both good to go (test-wise).
>   - The next step would be triggering test cases with the right components
> together.
>     Actually for a first shot let's use all-proposed=1 on those.
>     But for now the tests are still running, need to wait for the results
> first and then trigger those failing.
>
> TODO wait for tests to complete the first time, then trigger the failing
> ones wirth all-proposed (or global-state + php7.4 + phpunit + ..?)

The failing ones are:

  composer
  doctrine
  pdepend
  php-codecoverage
  php-httprequest2
  php-masterminds-html5
  php-mikey179-vfsstream
  php-net-ldap2
  php-sabredav
  php-tijsverkoyen-css-to-inline-styles
  phpunit-comparator
  phpunit-global-state

I've just now retriggered these with:

    dependencies=(
        ["phpunit"]="8.5.2-1ubuntu1",
        ["php7.4"]="7.4.3-4build2"
    )

> ---
>
> #Info
> - For bonus confusion there also is a rebuild of php7.3 ongoing at the
> moment. Also php7.4 was rebuilt (due to the ICU transition)
>   => https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php7.3/7.3.15-3build1
>   => https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php7.4/7.4.3-4build2
>   So test lists will be testing 7.4/7.3 stay sharp which one you actually
> look at.
>   @Bryce the intention is to remove 7.4 before Focal releases right?

If by 7.4 you mean 7.3, then yes that's the plan.  :-)

It looks like php7.4 is in main now, so I think once php-mailparse is
squared away I could file for the php7.2 removal.  Tomorrow maybe.

> ---
>
> #2 php-horde ??
> - Look at php-horde-* if they need something
>   Bryce asked for the following:
>   - php-horde-nag
>   - php-horde-mnemo
>   - php-horde-lz4
>   - php-horde-kronolith
>   - php-horde-imp
>   - php-horde-ansel
>   - php-horde-text-filter
>   - php-horde-mime
>   => All of them passed migration, and the tests on php7.[34] are reset we
> have to wait until those complete
>
> Looking at these I found in update excuses that the following two are
> hanging since 130 days. Mostly php and phpunit version issues - time to
> re-test them with the new versions we have in proposed.
>   - php-horde-icalendar
>   - php-horde-image
>
> TODO check new results once the new tests ran

Thanks for tending these.

> ---
>
> #4 Check FTBFS of php-msgpack
>   Upload was from:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~bryce/ubuntu/+source/php-msgpack/+git/php-msgpack/+merge/379773
>   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-msgpack/2.1.0beta1-0ubuntu1
>   Breaks on arm64 armhf
>   Failed: Profiling perf test. [tests/035.phpt]
>   Didn't I fix or at least write about that test recently?
>   Yeah I had done so in:
>   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2020-February/008160.html
>   I already had an analysis and a fix there.
>   After asking for review I got by Rafael and then uploaded the fix.
>   It built fine at
>   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-msgpack/2.1.0beta1-0ubuntu2
>
>   @Bryce - that should properly build now and resolve whatever you wanted
> to sove
>   with the initial merge of that new version

Great, thanks!

> ---
>
> #5 rebuilds for migration of php7.4
> - Those are no-change rebuilds by Byce, check build results and migration:

>   - php-cache-lite => build ok => still waiting in queue
migrated!

>   - php-db => build ok => still waiting in queue
migrated!

>   - php-text-password => build ok => fails with old phpunit, triggered with
> new one

1.2.1-4ubuntu1 still in proposed.  Still pulling 7.3 stuff.
Maybe worth trying again after some of the other things finish
migrating, otherwise just need to see which of its dependencies is still
in proposed...

    php7.3-mbstring
    php-mbstring
    php-doctrine-instantiator
    php-deepcopy
    php-phar-io-version
    php-phar-io-manifest
    php-phpdocumentor-reflection-common
    php-phpdocumentor-type-resolver
    php-webmozart-assert
    php-phpdocumentor-reflection-docblock
    php-phpspec-prophecy
    php-file-iterator
    php-token-stream
    php-text-template
    php-tokenizer
    php-codecoverage
    php-timer
    phpunit
    phpunit-code-unit-reverse-lookup
    phpunit-global-state
    phpunit-object-reflector
    phpunit-object-enumerator
    phpunit-resource-operations
    phpunit-diff
    phpunit-recursion-context
    phpunit-exporter
    phpunit-comparator
    phpunit-environment
    phpunit-version

>   - phpmd => wasn't uploaded! => last build on 7.3 at 2020-02-24 =>
> uploaded it now
migrated!

>   - php-imagick => already built against 7.4 on 2020-02-28
>
> TODO check results again later once the queue was drained

Bryce