Focal Proposed-Migration - Postgres12

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Oct 30 08:42:42 UTC 2019

Hi,
I wanted to let everyone that looks into Focal proposed migration know
about a current switch to postgresql-12 going on. Most related
packages were and still are auto-syncs.
Debian now started to do the actual switch and we are following for
Focal. Due to that several cases show up in the migration reports
about failing tests and missing dependencies.

But so far all cases I looked into already had uploads in Debian
(mostly old references to v11 that need to be bumped. Due to that I
think looking into them quickly often is a waste of time as Myon and
others currently work that out in Debian. I'd recommend to leave these
as-is for about a week and then we can take a look what is left and
really needs to be handled specially in Ubuntu.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server