32 bit support.

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:18:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Phill. Whiteside <phillwuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seeing the 32 bit server test case removed from Xenial on the iso tracker
> was a major "WHAT???" for me. The answer that it may be community driven but
> no longer supported intimated to me that any bug would be simply marked as
> 'invalid. I now understand that this is not, and never has been the case. 32
> bit support is important and as the discussion tended towards a lack of
> testers, that can be resolved.

RHEL 7 was released in 2014 without a 32-bit version so it'd be fairly
natural for Ubuntu 16.04 to follow suit.

I'm not involved in the development of Ubuntu Server but I'm sure that
those who are would find your enquiry more useful if you answered the
following two questions:

What are the advantages of 32-bit over 64-bit?

What are the disadvantages of 64-bit over 32-bit?