D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET changed January 3rd 2013

LaMont Jones lamont at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 9 15:26:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 11:40:25AM +0100, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> Am I misreading this? It seems like a very simple fix. Update
> /etc/bind/db.root in the bind9 packages. It's trivial to verify that the
> new D root server is working:
>
> $ dig SOA @199.7.91.13
>
> In fact, the old IP (128.8.10.90) is still also responding, but that may
> stop at any time.

Per other email, the old IP will continue to work for 6 months.

Once the bind9 source is merged over from Debian again, the fix will be in
raring.  (1:9.8.4.dfsg.P1-2 has it)  I've also just noticed that the apparmor
stuff never made it upstream, I'll get that into sid shortly, once I get some
other changes into wheezy.

lamont