Proposal for weekly Ensemble releases into Oneiric

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 11 23:26:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Given the rapid pace of development with ensemble, and the needs of
people trying to build solutions with it in Oneiric, I would like to
propose that we implement a weekly release schedule for ensemble, and
the related packages in the ensemble PPA, for Ubuntu.  This approach
really helped with Unity integration in Desktop, which was (and still is
in some ways) a rapidly advancing project.  I'm not familiar with the
details of the ensemble daily build PPA, but "in theory", I imagine it
would simply be syncing from it on a weekly cadence.  I think Monday, or
possibly Tuesday, is the best day of the week, so as not to collide with
any releases or freezes.  Thoughts?  Can someone take this effort on?

-Robbie

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)