Proposal for weekly Ensemble releases into Oneiric

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Jul 15 15:10:46 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Robbie Williamson's message of Mon Jul 11 16:26:36 -0700 2011:
> Hi all,
>
> Given the rapid pace of development with ensemble, and the needs of
> people trying to build solutions with it in Oneiric, I would like to
> propose that we implement a weekly release schedule for ensemble, and
> the related packages in the ensemble PPA, for Ubuntu.  This approach
> really helped with Unity integration in Desktop, which was (and still is
> in some ways) a rapidly advancing project.  I'm not familiar with the
> details of the ensemble daily build PPA, but "in theory", I imagine it
> would simply be syncing from it on a weekly cadence.  I think Monday, or
> possibly Tuesday, is the best day of the week, so as not to collide with
> any releases or freezes.  Thoughts?  Can someone take this effort on?

Good plan.

Unless anybody has any red flag on this, I'll go ahead and do this every
Tuesday.  I'm also going to start linking specific bugs to the Ubuntu
package that need to get fixed in 11.10, and will encourage others to
do so. If there are Critical open bugs in upstream, I will delay the
weekly release until they are closed.