[Oneiric-Topic] Jenkins -> Universe

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 18 19:36:58 UTC 2011

Excerpts from James Page's message of Mon Apr 18 01:09:57 -0700 2011:
> During the Natty cycle I've been working on getting Jenkins (nee Hudson)
> + required dependencies (around ~80) built from source with the aim of
> having a set of packages that could be part of the main Ubuntu archive
> for Oneiric (see [0]).
>
> This work is pretty much there; Ideally I want to feed this back through
> Debian so both distros get the benefit of this package (I have emailed
> the debain-java team but with limited response to date).
>
> I hope to work on making this happen during the first part of the
> Oneiric cycle; Help in terms of review and sponsorship would be much
> appreciated!

James this is really, really awesome. I think Jenkins going into the
archive will really enable people to setup CI environments much faster.

Are there any big decisions that need to be made here, or are we just
looking to define the objectives for completing the goal?