[Oneiric-Topic] Jenkins -> Universe

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Thu Apr 21 14:36:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 12:36 -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > I hope to work on making this happen during the first part of the
> > Oneiric cycle; Help in terms of review and sponsorship would be much
> > appreciated!
>
> James this is really, really awesome. I think Jenkins going into the
> archive will really enable people to setup CI environments much
> faster.

Agreed

> Are there any big decisions that need to be made here, or are we just
> looking to define the objectives for completing the goal?

I think that the really big decision has already been made which was to
rename/fork (or whatever you like to call it) and follow Jenkins rather
than stick with Hudson.

We probably need to discuss plugin management in a bit more detail; they
can be packaged from source but bearing in mind the number of plugins in
the Jenkins  update centre this could be an endless task.  Plugins built
upstream should work with the packaged version of Jenkins so long as the
supported version numbers are compatible.

We just need to agree objectives and delivery route i.e. Debian or
Ubuntu first....

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team