FreeIPA for Ubuntu, actions taken in Launchpad.

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Mon May 11 20:10:02 UTC 2009

Hi Miguel,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:03:48AM +0200, Miguel Pérez Colino wrote:
> I did some work related trying to bring FreeIPA to the Ubuntu world.
> FreeIPA is a project to get Identity, Policy and Audit integrated and
> easily available.

Thanks for looking into this issue. Identity management has been a topic
of discussion in Ubuntu for some time now and freeIPA is definitely one
of project to look at.

> Some [needs-packaging] bugs were created:
> * FreeIPA: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/259547
> * SSSD: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/369744
>
> I'm trying, right now, to get SSSD packaged but I'm finding some
> Samba-libs dependencies problems.

All of this looks good. There will be several discussions at the next UDS
in Barcelona related to this topic:

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-directory-enabled-services
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-directory-enabled-user-login
[3] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-directory-architecture
[4] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-directory-management
[5] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-directory-service-configuration

Trying to get sssd packaged is one of the first step and will be
discussed in [2]. Having your feedback on the blockers for this is
definitely welcome. Other components of FreeIPA will be discussed during
other sessions mentioned above.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com