bus error when using network services

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Tue Jun 2 12:52:00 UTC 2009

I suspect a kernel upgrade and a PAE problem. The kernel upgrade was pending
a restart. Usually not a problem unless using the "server" kernel (or more
than 3GB RAM).

Your distro is out of date and a dist-upgrade is not "automatic" any more. A
non-server (alternate) Dapper LTS would probably be best fit.

Unless your labor is cheap and your wallet is thin, I'd recommend a hardware
upgrade. $100 P4 servers abound on the surplus market.

Jim

http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net