Ubuntu Server 7.10 Beta is looking for testers

Nicolas Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Fri Sep 28 08:49:22 UTC 2007

Ante Karamatic' wrote:
> After install dovecot fails to start. That's cause we ship misconfigured
> dovecot.conf by default.

Is this after a plain install of dovecot, or an install of the mail
server through tasksel ?

> Line 'protocols =' should be 'protocols = none' or removed. In case
> protocols are none, dovecot won't start pop3 and imap daemons, and will
> work only in auth mode.
>
> If there is no 'protocols', dovecot will start imap and imaps services.
>
> I vote for 'protocols = none'. Any thoughts?

If the install was done through tasksel, I would expect everything to be
 working by default, not have the user fiddle around conf file to start
the thing.

If the install is done through plain apt, it makes sense to have
protocol = none.

Nick