Ubuntu Server 7.10 Beta is looking for testers

Ante Karamatic' ivoks at grad.hr
Fri Sep 28 08:12:19 UTC 2007

Mathias Gug wrote:

> But still we need your help to get all these brand new components
> tested. If you have access to some server type hardware or have the
> opportunity to duplicate a production environment into a test
> configuration, we'd love to hear if the next version of Ubuntu Server
> would break your existing setup. Other areas of focus are proper upgrade
> from Feisty Server and the new installation tasks (Print Server,
> Database Server, Mail Server and Samba Server). It doesn't take so much
> time and is an easy and simple way to help improve the quality of the
> next version of Ubuntu Server, the Gutsy Gibbon !

After install dovecot fails to start. That's cause we ship misconfigured
dovecot.conf by default.

Line 'protocols =' should be 'protocols = none' or removed. In case
protocols are none, dovecot won't start pop3 and imap daemons, and will
work only in auth mode.

If there is no 'protocols', dovecot will start imap and imaps services.

I vote for 'protocols = none'. Any thoughts?