Server Documentation Roadmap

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:26:22 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

I have the following proposal which I have dubbed 'micro-manuals'.

   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/micro-manuals
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PaulSchulz/UbuntuServerDocumentation

I don't think the idea is radically different than what is currently being
done, but the information would fit between Community Wiki Documentation and
the Official Guides and serve a specific purpose (see blueprint).

The sections in the Ubuntu Server Guide  would be suitable candidates,
particularly the one discussing installation of system services.

The following are some that that I have started preparing for myself:
  http://community.mawsonlakes.org/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Micro-manual

I also have some ideas on how to get this documentation written and
maintained and supported by the community, but I would just like to float
the concepts past everyone first.

Cheers,
Paul